BIM & Plant Design software center
The engineering design tools used by planners, architects, owner operators are provided by three major software CAD companies:
- Autodesk Revit for BIM
- Intergraph, Aveva and AutoCAD Plant 3D for Plant Design
- Trimble SketchUp with 3skeng for piping systems modelling in 3D
GF Piping Systems is continuously developing libraries of all our drawings that are fully compatible with the software of these three providers.
Why to use GF digital libraries?
Peace of mind
Access immediate accurate Georg Fischer Piping Systems data about plastic piping systems.
Reduced rework on-site through better planning and design.
Easy modelling of various options and the assessment of the impact of each choice.
Digital BIM library for smooth design development
- Optimized GF Piping Systems’ Revit families can be used in various project stages since they are not heavy and contain enough data
- Package delivery
- Embedded bill of material
- Complete assortment overview and easy copying into specific project
- Real-life construction-length
- Embedded article- or product number and description
- 3D clearance zone
- Applicable to imperial and metric systems
Digital Plant Design library for productivity gains and increased accuracy
Plant design engineers
can download piping components’ CAD data and use it directly within their designs. This reduces time and effort, whilst ensuring design accuracy and integrity.
can view piping components’ specifications, plan and execute efficient purchase and installation. This supports lean supply chain activities and eliminates shortages and surpluses.
can access accurate components’ specifications and use these to plan and execute maintenance activities efficiently. This reduces facility downtime, supports safe, efficient and profitable activities.
Efficient and intuitive piping systems modelling in 3D
- Excellent design tool for pre-planning phase of piping systems.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Bill of materials with manufacturer, product description and article numbers
- Imperial and metric systems
- Free of charge (only for registered users at bim.gfps.com)
Autodesk Revit for BIM
For many years, engineering has been carried out with the help of digital design tools. Revit has become the standard for 3D modeling in the construction industry. Interoperability and design capabilities in architecture, structural engineering and MEP, make Autodesk Revit the best suitable tool for BIM (Building Information Modeling).
Intergraph & Aveva for Plant Design
Piping & Plant Design software are rather independent from the classical 3D CAD.
Specialized software from major engineering software vendors from Intergraph and AVEVA
is used to create plant design and model equipment, structures and communications.
GF Piping Systems now offers digital libraries for AVEVA PLANT PDMS 3D & AVEVA PLANT E3D, Intergraph SmartPlant Isometrics & Intergraph Smart 3D
Trimble SketchUp with SHK 3skeng
Use the well-established Trimble SketchUp together with the extension 3skeng now also the 3D engineering world of pipes and more. SketchUp and 3keng is intuitive, efficient and affordable software package. The tools 3skeng Pipe, Steelwork and Mount work seamlessly together and offer all functionality to generate 3D piping systems models with related support structures.